Frequently Ask Question


Q. Why Study Abroad?
Small classes individualized attention: Many students, who had not fared well in their studies in India have done so much better abroad due to the environment there which is so much more conducive to study. Students work and also enjoy themselves in many interesting extra-curricular activities.

Earn whilst you learn : Most countries allow students to work 20 hours a week during semesters and work FULL TIME during holidays - approx. 20 weeks a year!! You got extra payment for working and earning substantial sums

Employment Potential : increases tremendously after a course abroad. Employers know the value of foreign education. You widen your horizons meeting students from so many countries and establish useful business contacts internationally. Doing part time work there matures you and is appreciated greatly by employers.

Stay After Studies : USA and CANADA allows you to stay on for one year and UK now permits a stay of two years after under TWES. This enables you to earn large sums of money and get sponsored by satisfied employers. Academic Sessions: In Australia many universities have two intakes-in February and July. In the U.K., most universities start their academic year in September but some have February intake also. In USA, most universities start their academic year in January/September. A few universities are now offering flexi semesters and admit students through the year.

Q. When is it right to study abroad?
It is usually recommended to start the process after the completion of the 12th standard. Though countries do offer diploma courses for students who have completed their 10th, it is advisable to apply only for bachelors or a masters program.

Q. How early should one start the application process?
The first step towards starting the application process is to identify which semester you want to go for. You should start preparing for your pre-requisite test at least 4- 6 months before the scheduled intake and its also advisable to apply 2-3 months ahead of the semester date.

Q. When are international students admitted by various universities?
The number of admits / intakes vary from country to country and university to university. However in general, the two major intakes viz., Fall (August-September) & Spring (January? February), and the other intakes are Summer (May-June) & Winter (Dec). The Fall or Spring intake is generally recommended for international students.

Q. Are pre-requisite tests a must for all countries?
The pre- requisite tests required vary from country to country and it is necessary for one to obtain high scores in these tests to secure the admission as well as the visa, for various universities in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany etc. However, most of the institutes / colleges / universities in countries like Singapore or Malaysia do not insist on the pre-requisite tests (excluding the top-notch universities).

Q. Does every country allow students to work part time?
Yes, almost all the countries realize that international students have certain financial constraints and allow them to work part time. Other countries, which initially had not approved part time jobs for international students, are now reconsidering as to enable the student to work part-time legally.

Q. Do all countries and universities provide financial aid?
Even though many universities from various countries claim to offer financial aid, over the years of our experience we have noted that none match either the quantum or variety of financial aid like the US universities. The quantum and also the variety of financial aid offered by the US universities are by far very large and could substantially reduce the financial outflow for students like you.

Q. What role does my Letters of Recommendation play for getting admission?
A Letter of Recommendation is one of the most important components of your entire application materials. It will help the admission committee is reviewing your qualitities, abilities, strengths and weakness, overall it reflects the impression you hold over your professors, peers or who ever authors your recommendation. It gives a sort of insight as to what you are and capable of, LORs also weigh your chances of getting an admission at times, when your academics, scores are not so strong.

Q. Can you suggest me how to write LORs?
First of all, you should choose a good recommender, talk to him personally and impress him, about how important this recommendation of letter is for you. You should also provide him (recommender) a clear picture about the type of university, you are attending along with academic information such as your intending major of study, awards won by you, extra curricular activities, publications, research, your work experience, your strength & weakness, hobbies all these are essential information, what your recommender should have before writing an effective Letter of Recommendation.

Q. Can you please provide me a format of LOR?
Normally, a letter of Recommendation is written by your professors or whoever is concerned, it is also important for you to know about the contents of LOR, you may convey the same to the person, and provide more insights in this matter. In most of the cases the recommender would like you to write a paragraph or so about yourself and the remaining part of the LOR will be done by your recommender.

Q. I have to travel a long way, as my university is not at the place where I reside. Hence I have requested my
professor through email/ phone to write a recommendation letter for me?

It is a bad idea to request your professor / Lecturer asking for a letter of recommendation over a phone / email, even if the university is situated a furlong from your house. As the recommender may not know well about you and he may not remember you, maybe he has LORs for many students; hence you should meet him personally by taking prior appointment. Your personal meeting will provide a proper insight about yourself.

Q. Can you brief me about the structure of a LOR?

A letter of Recommendation should have the following basic elements, though they may differ depending upon the persons style of evaluation.

a) Recommenders information? This may be highlighted on the letterhead about the position or status held by the evaluator, or you can provide a brief introduction about the recommender in a paragraph, mostly the former is preferred.

b) Establish a relationship with the student- A recommender should establish a relationship between him and the student, whether the student was attending lecture in his class or assisting him in a laboratory or working under him etc.,

c) Description- Recommenders describe about the qualities about the student and highlight his presentation skills, command over the English language, leadership qualities and many more. At the same time justify that his evaluation is fair and reasonable.

d) Evaluation- Final evaluation of the candidate and a statement of overall evaluation, whether he is fairly good, good, average, below average etc.

e) Signature & Date-Student should ensure that LORs are duly signed & dated, with proper attestation made by the recommender. Sometimes universities may ask students to submit Recos directly from the recommender in contents. Hence you should ensure that the author has signed it by confirming with him.

Q. My LORs are ready? What should I do?
After your LORs are ready you should proof read and spell check, also avoid using flowery words, how great you are, you should follow the format as prescribed by the university, justify the evaluation by providing proper examples (too many examples should be avoided), above all your LOR should too lengthy or too short, one page is fair enough.

Q. What is tuition deposit?
Most of the UK universities and colleges ask the student to pay a part of the tuition fee in advance as deposit before attending the Visa.

Q. Is the tuition deposit refundable?
Yes, only if the visa is refused.

Q. Is the student allowed to work part time?
Yes, the student is allowed to work legally 20 hours per week on a part time basis.

Q. How many hours should an International student attend the classes in the university?
15 hours per week

Q. Can International student study part time?
No, International student is supposed to be a full time student.

Q. What is the best time to attend the Visa?
At least one month before the semester start date.

Q. Once the visa has been refused can the student attend again?
Yes, Student can attend any number of times.

Q. For how long is the UK visa given?
For the study period and few months extra.

Q. Suppose I decide not to proceed to UK after receiving the admission letter due to personal reasons, would I
get the refund?
Only in case of visa rejection is deposit refunded. Genuine reasons may be considered, but it depend, solely on the College & University.

Q. When should the next installment of tuition fees be paid?
After Reaching UK a part of the amount and rest of it after the 1st semester, but at some universities take full tuition fee is payable upon reporting.

Q. Is there any pick up and accommodation facility provided at UK?
Some universities might offer those facilities.

Q. For how long is UK visa given?
For the study period and few grace months.

Q. What is the Visa Procedure?
Once the student get Unconditional offer letter from the university. He will apply for Student Visa to the nearest Embassy with necessary documents. Students need to prove that they have an unconditional offer on a full time course, proof of accommodation, sufficient funds to cover the entire cost of study and living in Britain and that they intend to return home on completion of their course. Note: The British High Commission offices in INDIA are in Delhi and the British Deputy High Commissions in Mumbai, Chennai and Calcutta. The following are the list of documents are required for student visa:

1) Completed visa application form (IM2A) with two passport size photographs.
2) Valid passport (in original).
3) Visa fee (non-refundable).
4) Letter of unconditional acceptance from a British institution on a full time course.
5) Proof of funding (i.e., bank statement, chartered accountant’s certification, tax clearance, property documents, letter from sponsor, etc.,

Attested copies of education certificates and English language test (IELTS) score sheet. Proof of accommodation in Britain. It takes approximately 10 working days to get a student visa. Note: Hyderabad has drop box, where the student drops all his documents with all necessary documents. If required student has to appear for personal interview. What are the different pre-requisite tests required for admission in different programs. (Diploma, TAFE, Advance Diploma, Graduate Diploma, Graduate and Post Graduate Courses) For all the programs listed above only IELTS is required.

Q. How many hours of part time job can an international student do?
An international student can work for 20 hrs a week during the term, not including work that is formal registered part of the course. Unlimited hours, if you apply for permission to work after you start your masters or doctorate course.

Q. What is a PVA?
It is Pre Visa Assessment. Once the student secures admission from the University he / she has to file for PVA to Australian High Commission along with his / her academic, financial documents with the Visa application fees draft in favor of High Commission.

Q. What is the process time for PVA?
The average process time is 6 to 8 weeks but this may differ from case to case.

Q. What is E-coe? When is e-coe obtained in case of PVA?
It is electronic confirmation of enrollment. It is obtained once after the payment of pre paid tuition deposit is done by the student to the University after the clearance of PVA and medicals.

Q. What is the process time to get e-coe?
To obtain an e-coe after making the payment it will take minimum of one to two weeks depending upon the payment method, wire transfer of funds or through Demand Draft.

Q. What is an e-visa?
It is an electronic visa lodgement, student will be asked to pay the tuition fee draft such that e-coe (Electronic confirmation of enrollment) is obtained from the University to lodge the visa application electronically.

Q. What are medicals and when they have to be done?
Every student has to undergo some medical tests as soon as Australian High Commission clears their PVA or e-visa.

Q. What is the process time for medicals?
The average process time for medicals is 2 weeks.

Q. What is the Australian High Commission application fee? Is it refundable?
An application fee of Rs.15200/- should be drawn in favor of Australian High Commission, payable at New Delhi.

Q. What is a PVA application form known as and from where it can be obtained?
The PVA application form is 157 A. This can be down loaded from the website

Q. Is original offer of admission required at the time of PVA?

Q. Do I have an option to pursue a job oriented course in CANADA & how much would it cost?
CANADIAN BUSINESS COLLEGE offers award winning computer & career training job oriented courses, which does not require TOEFL & are for 1 year 2 year duration. Tuition fee for 1 year is 7,500 US $ P.A.

Q. When can I file for P.R?
After Minimum 1 year.

Q. What is the entry requirement for a Masters Program?
Bachelors degree with good Percentage of Marks.

Q. I have dropped my idea of studying in USA/CANADA/UK/AUSTRAILA due to lack of finances. What about
Singapore or Malaysia?

For the foreign students, the cost of studying in Singapore or Malaysia is relatively Cheaper as the tuition fee and living costs are lower than that of USA / CANADA / UK / AUSTRAILA.

Q. Is it possible to get admission into Singapore or Malaysian colleges without TOEFL/IELTS ?
TOEFL/IELTS is not mandatory. However, with IELTS/TOEFL, students will be admitted automatically, without that, the students will have to prove that their English is good. The colleges usually will require the students to appear for an "English Placement Test". Many colleges in Singapore & Malaysia are happy with English standard of Indian Students.

Q. What are the features of Singapore & Malaysian Education?
The programs offered are recognized and accredited by the Universities from Australia, New Zealand, UK and USA. Extensive selection of courses and lower tuition fees & living expenses.

Q. What are the benefits if I study in Singapore & Malaysia?
The programs offered are well recognized and accredited by the Universities from Australia, New Zealand, UK and USA. You will have the choice of selecting the University Degree. Twinning Degree: - The choice of Twinning program will allow the student to partially complete the Program at Malaysian Colleges and the remaining years at the specified foreign Partner university, which will then award the degree.

Q. What about my dependent children?
They can go with you and attend school in New Zealand.

Q. Is there any age limit to study in New Zealand?
Technically no, however the New Zealand Immigration Service needs to be satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student or you will not get your visa.

Q. What is the cost of studying in New Zealand?
Undergraduate courses cost about NZD$12,000- $15,000 per year. Postgraduate courses cost $15,000- $18,000 per year. An MBA degree costs about NZD $25,000-$30,000 for a 15-18 month course.

Q. Are New Zealand degrees recognized internationally?
New Zealand degrees are recognized internationally and New Zealand is well known for its high standard of education.

Q. How much can I earn when I work in New Zealand as a student?
Students get jobs from tutoring to working in supermarkets. The wage rate ranges between $10-$15 an hr.

Q. Can my parents visit me in New Zealand?
Yes, that should not be a problem provided they pass the usual visitor visa requirements.

Q. What is the cost to live in New Zealand?
A student should be able to live in New Zealand in NZ$8,000 - NZ$10,000 a year including accommodation, transport and entertainment.

Q. What should I do after completing my course?
If your course falls within the recommended programmes you will get a six-month work permit which will enable you to find a job. After this we can guide you towards obtaining permanent residency, as this is possible in most cases.

Q. Will I settle successfully in New Zealand?
Most Indians who have migrated to New Zealand over the last 12 years have had a very successful stay in New Zealand. Almost everyone has got jobs and own their own homes.

Q. What visa do I need to live indefinitely in New Zealand?
You need to obtain a permanent residency in New Zealand if you wish to stay indefinitely.

Q. What is permanent residency in New Zealand?

Permanent residency in New Zealand is like the Green Card in the US. It allows you to live in New Zealand indefinitely.

Q. Can I take my spouse and children on a permanent residency visa to New Zealand?
Yes, you can. Your spouse will be allowed to work or study in New Zealand and your children will be able to go to school in New Zealand.

Q. How is the Information Technology (IT) sector in New Zealand?
A lot of Indian immigrants find jobs in the IT sector and are doing well. The main jobs are in: The government sector in Wellington The accounting and finance sectors in Auckland Software application development in Christchurch.

Q. Do both spouses need to work in New Zealand? Can families get by on one income?
Cost of living is high in Auckland and while one income is enough it is preferable to have two incomes in New Zealand.

Q. Where do most migrants stay in New Zealand?
Auckland seems to be the most popular city among Indian migrants. However immigrants move to Wellington, Christchurch and other cities as well.

Q. Is earning while learning a reality?
Yes, it is a reality. Most countries realize that international students have financial constraints and allow them to work for a minimum of 20 hours a week, which is enough to pay for a students living expenses and sometimes enable him to save a part of the income also. Added to this is the benefit of tuition fee waivers / fellowships / assistantships which also reduces ones financial commitments.

Q. Does one derive the same benefit irrespective of the country?
Each country has different benefits to offer to the student. They cannot be put into the same category. For example, it is generally agreed that as a student, your chances of getting better financial aid is the best in USA while in few countries you may have to be contented only with the off campus jobs

Q. What kind of OFF Campus jobs are available? Can one find them easily?
Jobs opportunities are plenty, as per the legitimate stipulated time fixed for students and if they go through right channels they can easily find jobs like - working at ticket countries, super markets, admin, gas stations, baby sitting etc.

Q. What is a VISA?
Visa is the official stamp on a persons passport permitting him to travel to that particular country. It also mentions the purpose, period of stay and what category of visa has been approved.

Q. How many kinds of VISAs are there?
Basically there are two kinds of visas: Immigrant visa and Non-immigrant visa. a) Immigrant visa? under this category, the applicant openly declares his intention of settling in that country. E.g., Spouse visa, Family Visa. b) Non-immigrant visa? under this category, the applicant clearly indicates that he intends to travel to that country for a specific purpose and would definitely return to the home country upon the accomplishment of the purpose or completion of the duration granted. E.g. Student / Visit visa.

Q. What's the basic fact that one should know about Visa?
The most important fact is, that a visa is a privilege and not ones right. The Consular Officer at the respective consulate / embassy decides whether one can be granted the visa or not after an objective analysis of your profile.

Q. What is the basic criteria for securing a student visa?
The consular officer will objectively take into consideration your entire profile. The profile compromises: a) Academic Qualifications b) Financial Capabilities and c) Ones intentions if the consular officer is convinced about all three, only then he may grant you the visa.

Q. What sort of financial support is expected?
If and only if need be, the consular officer may call for evidences supporting your a) Ability to meet the expenses (Bank Loan sanction letter, Bank savings either SB or FD balances proof and other cash assets), b) Proof that additional funds are available to the family, c) Proof of annual income and /or d) Other documents as the consular officer may deem fit.

Q. Are bank loans accepted?
Yes, Bank loans are accepted as sources of funds for your study abroad purposes. However, the same to be in accordance to the annual income of the sponsor.

Q. Who all can be my sponsors?
Generally parents are considered to be the natural sponsors of a student. Grandparents being part and parcel of the Indian family system can also sponsor a student. If one has enough work experience, then the company with that has employed the applicant can also sponsor. To explore other possibilities, you are advised to contact ous by e-mail or by Phone.

Q. Can my relative, friend or close associate sponsor me?
Parents being the natural sponsors, it is generally advised that they should sponsor you. However if any of the above is sponsoring, you may have to provide strong evidences in favor of them. you are advised to contact ous by e-mail or by Phone for further details.




About Us
Contact Us


EGTS Scrole

Employment Opportunity

IELTS Information

International Student

Project -Common


Space Camp


TOEFEL Information


Important Dates

Company & Organisation
University & Colleges
Study Loan

Embassy and Consulate

MCI Screening test

MCI list of universities

Passport Offices in India


Entry After 10+2


International Foundation Prog.

Merchant Navy
University of London

Entry After Graduation

B.Pharma & D.Pharma
Bachelor Degree
Bachelor in Architecture
Bachelor in Hotel Manage.
Bachelor of Engineering
Diploma in Engineering
Diploma in Hotel Manage.
Industrial Training Institute
Teacher Trainee